Saturday, April 3, 2010

Kicking habits.

I am preparing to kick a soda habit.

Ages ago, I used to drink loads of soda. I switched to diet to save sugar and calories and such. But now, I kind of want to switch to no soda at all.
I have seven cans of green apple Jones Soda left, and a few cans of diet Sierra Mist in my dorm fridge. After that, I'm going to try my hardest not to drink it at all. I won't beat myself up over a can here and there, but daily is a no-no.

I am also preparing to kick a meat habit.

I love meat. Love ittttt. I'll be the first to admit it, and it's probably not good. Beef is my favourite. Steak is the most wonderful thing ever. But after watching Food Inc and reading about some stuff...yeah...not so much. So, tonight, I'm going to make a killer shepherd's pie. And after I finish it, no more ground beef. And after the next steak I have, no more steak. I don't really do pig meat anyway -- ham, pork, bacon...never really appealed to me. I like piggies too much. Chicken will be kind of a hard one, because I really like chicken salad and grilled chicken. Turkey will be hard too, because turkey burgers are made by the gods, I swear. But if I can kick the beef habit first, everything else won't seem so difficult.
I don't entirely expect to stick to it, but damnit, I'm gonna try.

No comments:

Post a Comment